2009 Lincoln MKS Preview Utica NY
2009 Lincoln MKS Preview
Click here for more content from JDPower.com
- New flagship full-size luxury sedan
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine
- Turbocharged V-6 engine to arrive within a year of launch
- Front- or all-wheel drive (FWD or AWD)
- Lincoln Sync communications system standard
- Standard leather upholstery
- Available 19- and 20-inch wheels and tires
- Prices start under $38,000
- Sales to start in summer 2008
Lincoln has struggled to compete in the heart of the luxury market with the likes of the BMW 3 and 5 Series, Lexus GS, Infiniti G and M, or Cadillac CTS for many years. The company unveiled a possible competitor in that segment at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in the form of the MKS sedan concept. Now, Lincoln is making good with a production model for the 2009 model year.
The split, "double-wing" grille of the concept and production car is reminiscent of Lincolns from the 1940s. The concept car had a 4.4-liter V-8 engine, but the production model will feature a 3.7-liter V-6 engine with the promise of a turbocharged V-6 engine in the future. While more and more luxury makers are returning to rear-wheel drive, the MKS will have a choice of FWD or AWD. The MKS will seat five and go on sale in the summer of 2008....
Click here to read the rest of the article at JDPower.com