2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Preview Long Island City NY
Long Island City, NY
New York, NY
Rockville Centre, NY
2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Preview
Click here for more content from JDPower.com
- Retracting-top roadster redesigned inside and out
- New steering wheel puts many functions at driver's fingertips
- Optional direct-steer technology
- Engines add power but cut fuel use and emissions
- New generation audio system includes hands-free phone link
- Optional voice control for audio system
German luxury automaker Mercedes-Benz launched its compact 2-seat roadster, the SLK, as a 1998 model. Among the car's key features were its much-praised design and a hardtop that folded itself under the trunk lid at the touch of a button. The car entered its second generation in 2004 and bore direct design cues from the Mercedes-powered McLaren Formula One racecar.
The car is extensively updated and will be launched in April 2008 as a 2009 model. Mercedes says it has developed some 650 new parts and components for the 2009 SLK,
giving it an "even more dynamic" appearance and providing "an even more emotionally charged driving experience."
The 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK will be available in three versions: SLK 300, SLK 350 and SLK 55 AMG, with the major differentiator being the model's particular powertrain. The AMG version also gets special bodywork, larger brakes, new direct steering gear and revised suspension for 2009....
Click here to read the rest of the article at JDPower.com