Audi A4 Plattsburgh NY
Click here for more content from JDPower.com
- The Audi A4 has an all-new design for 2009
- Larger in nearly every dimension
- Superior high-strength steel used in manufacturing
- New and revised engines offer better efficiency and greater fuel economy
- Engine sits behind front axle for better weight distribution
- Adapts many luxury features found on the A8
- Audi Dynamic Steering improves steering feel
- High level of standard safety features
Introduced in 1994, Audi's volume-leading A4 model traces its lineage back to the Audi 80, first launched in 1966. Now in its third generation, the A4 has grown incrementally in size and luxury offerings with every subsequent redesign"as has the competition from BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus and Infiniti as the bar continues to be raised in this class of cars. For 2009, Audi presents an all-new fourth-generation A4 with dynamic styling, new sophisticated powerplants, and innovative technology designed to make it even more competitive.
When compared to the previous model, the all-new 2009 Audi A4 features entirely new, sportier proportions. Overall length is up nearly five inches and width has been increased by more than two inches. The wheelbase has been stretched, and the hood is longer. The front body overhang has been shortened, allowing the wheels to be pushed further to the edge of the vehicle. For better balance and handling, Audi has swapped the location of the differential with the clutch (or torque converter on automatic-equipped models). This allows the front axle to move forward 6.1 inches, effectively putting the mass of the engine further behind the front wheels. The result, Audi claims, is better weight distribution over each axle for precision control and handling....
Click here to read the rest of the article at JDPower.com