How To Play Poker Rochester NY
Walk-in Store, Phone & Mail Order
East Rochester, NY
Walk-in Store, Phone & Mail Order
How To Play Poker
One of the most popular card games these days is Poker. Yes, more and more people, from all walks of life, are playing poker. Blame it on television, the internet, or man s simple lust for the exciting game, you are probably one of those who want to know how to play poker and play it right! In playing poker, of course, the first motivation is the thrill, the mind games and tricks, and definitely, the money. Although not all poker games involve real money, historically, money and bets are the name the name of the game! And, of course, if you want to win money and be part of the huge number of people playing the ultimate card game, you must know how to play poker right.
All poker players definitely want to win, that is the ultimate goal, right? But it has been a known fact that in order to win, you must master the moves. And what better way to do this than by being an expert at the basics. So we will teach you the basics first, then the different poker variations, and later on, the sly yet winning tips each poker player must know. In here, we will first discuss how to play poker using the 5 Card Draw or the regular poker. Learning the basics and mastering them will lead you right on winning!
1. Know the card values and combinations. If you want to know how to play poker, you have got know the cards being used. Know their values and understand that in the end, the person with the highest value (Ace being the highest) wins. Poker uses 52 cards (in 5 draw, but other variations may use less like the Ross Perot Poker) and the highest is the Ace. In most card games, ace is usually the highest in value. The others card follow (highest to lowest value): King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. Knowing these values and the symbols Clubs, Spades, Hearts and Diamonds, is very basic, every poker player should memorize them.
It is also very basic to know the different card combinations namely the Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, Full House, Flush, Straight, Three of a Kind, Two Pair, One Pair, and the High Card.
2. Place the ante . The ante is the token bets (chips, bills, coins, depending on the group s preferences) and is placed at the center of the poker table. Other players will also put their bets using the value or amount the first player did. In poker, remember, winner takes all.
3. Deal. Five cards will be dealt to each player, face down. The remaining deck of cards will be placed in the middle of the table.
4. Analyzing your cards. Each player would analyze their cards. This is where bluffing and there tricks may be used. Beware though of the usual telltale signs like holding of breath, eye movements, signs of nervousness, etc.
5. The rounds of the game continue. Each player (usually starting with the person on the left of the dealer) can see or call , fold (quit), or raise. After this, draws can be made. A draw is disposing of card/s that you think you won t be needed. A draw is made by throwing the cards face down on the table.
6. Another round of betting is done. After a series of this, some players will eventually tend to fold once they realize their cards are weak or the stakes to high to risk with their set of cards.
7. Expose. This is the last step where all players end the game by exposing all their cards. The player with the highest value of card/s wins and he takes all.
The steps mentioned above are the basics of how to play poker. Mastering these steps can give you the ultimate winning edge. After this, you are ready on how to play poker using the other variations.
Tired of always depositing? Learn how you can become a pro online poker player and never have to deposit again! Proven techniques to destroy your opponents in both Sit-N-Go's and Cash Games. Go to http://www.PokerOnlineSchool.com to get your free e-course while it's still free!
Provided by ZingArticles.com