Internet Sales Specialist Buffalo NY
Internet Sales Specialist
From Automotive Retailing Today...
The Internet sales specialist manages the online sales conducted through a dealership's website. Depending on the size of the dealership, Internet sales specialists may work solely with Internet leads, or they assist customers in the showroom.
As with other sales positions, Internet sales personnel are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Job duties for an Internet sales specialist include:
- Keeping a dealership's website up-to-date with vehicle specifications and availability.
- Managing Internet sales leads, responding to inquiries in a timely fashion and answering questions on available stock and product performance.
- Selling a minimum number of vehicles or bringing in a minimum of customers from the Internet, based on goals and objectives defined by the sales manager.
- Coordinating with a webmaster to update the website and create Internet promotions and advertisements.
- Scheduling appointments with interested buyers for test drives and delivery of vehicles.
- Disclosing terms of sales with consumers and reviewing sales with dealership management.
- Preparing sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival, ensuring that the customer understands their vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork.
An Internet sales specialist should be Internet savvy, have good computer skills and excellent organizational skills to help keep track of all sales leads and to keep the website data up-to-date.
All sales personnel require strong communication skills in order to work most effectively with customers.
People working within the automotive retail industry often work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
A valid state sales license is often required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required and a college degree is preferred. A strong background in computers, marketing and business is also useful.
The Internet sales specialist may progress to managerial sales positions within the dealership based on a strong sales history.
The average annual earnings of Internet sales specialists are approximately $30,000 to $92,000. Earnings vary depending on experience, and the dealer's geographic location and size.
Please click here for more information about average salaries.
Benefits vary by employer, but most dealerships offer on site training, health insurance, retirement plans, and other benefit options. Talk with the specific dealer human resource manager about benefit packages.
- National Automobile Dealers Association
- Community Colleges
- Northwood University
- College of Automotive Management
- Automotive Management Institute
Find out more at CareerVoyages.gov