Things To Know In College Ithaca NY
White Plains, NY
New York, NY
Richmond Hill, NY
Keuka Park, NY
Kew Gardens, NY
Bklyn , NY
Things To Know In College
1) Don’t be afraid to suck up to your professors. That stuff was not cool to do in high school, but in college that could very well help you graduate with a good grade. I would not recommend sucking up in class. Be sure to visit your professor during office hours and to ask for help. Let the professor know you care about the class and about your grade. You will be surprised at the results. I’ve pulled B’s out of C’s and C’s out of D’s. You need to master this trick.
2) If you are trying to cheat the system, a good way to go about doing it is through the bookstore. Buy all of the books you NEED (remember they are plenty that you don’t need or want, so don’t waste your money) at websites like Half, and Amazon. Remember to buy these books used. You can save about 15 30 dollars per book. Then at book buy back day at the end of the semester, you can usually sell them for more than you bought them for. It’s a trick I have been using for the past 4 years. The problem is it won’t work all the time, but when it does, you will probably have a smile on your face. Nothing is more satisfying than screwing the system that has been screwing you. Also if your books are not wanted to be bought back by your campus bookstore be sure to hold on to them and sell them online and those two websites listed above.
3) Someone will most definitely try to sell you something. Most likely it will be a credit card. Be very hesitant when this happens because they will try to screw you over. They will try to use everything even the kitchen sink to try to lure you in. I’ve been almost led in by free sandwiches as well as free t shirts. They will ask for your social security number, the trick is to tell them i , and lie about the last digit. That way they don’t have that valuable piece of information and you luck out with a free t shirt or sandwich. The safer and probably more effective thing to do would be go to your bank and ask for a check card. That way if you don’t have money, you can’t use it, so you won’t be a heap of debt.
4) Don’t listen to people on this unless it’s me. Pile up your classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Be sure if you are offered a 1 day a week class on a Monday or Wednesday to take it. You should always try to get your Fridays off. You will also appreciate a Thursday night of partying. You might not appreciate your Friday morning waking up on the dorm bathroom floor. But after that having Friday off will be just the trick to make you feel better. The downside of this is that you may have multiple tests on the same day but I believe having a 4 day week would outweigh that.
5) Be sure to eat right. If you don’t, you will get fat. Take a trip to the local grocery store about once every two weeks. Stock up on fruit, vegetables, and other things you don’t think you would eat on campus. I have seen friends of mine go to college skinny and come out 30 pounds heavier. You do not want this to be you. People will make fun of you. Make it a priority to go to your campus gym maybe 3 5 times a week whether you are running or lifting weights. Don’t get me wrong, you will gain weight no matter what. But with setting these priorities of eating right and working out, it will definitely help you.
Jamie Cohen Be sure to check out my website http://www.campusbathrooms.com We specialize in campus bathroom reviews, this resource helps college students know what bathrooms are of quality and which ones aren't. We are #1 for your #2!
Provided by ZingArticles.com